The Cicor Group has continuously developed thick-film technology in recent years. Key advances include:
- Further development of printing pastes to improve the resolution of lines and vias, better adaptation of the coefficients of expansion of dielectric pastes to the substrate material.
- Improvement of the printing screens or stencils (finest fabric up to 500 mesh, calendered fabric).
- Further development of the printers (fully automatic with camera adjustment) and curing ovens (improved temperature accuracy, better profile constancy).
- Further development of laser systems for ceramic processing and resistance compensation.
- Photolithographic structuring of printed guide surfaces or laser structuring of conductor paths in order to minimize line and space widths extremely (up to approx. 30µm).
- Laser structuring of dielectric pastes to minimize via dimensions (Ø < 100µm) with the result that multilayer structures can be printed much more compactly.
The successful further development of thick-film technology in combination with the qualification of the production line for aerospace applications opens up unique possibilities for the manufacture of highly reliable products.