Combining the advantages of both, rigid and flexible PCBs in one circuit board offers several benefits:
- Replace rigid PCBs, connectors, cables or separate flexible circuit boards by integrating the connection of different parts in one single rigid-flex PCB
- Reduce the size of components and enabling 3-dimensional installation of assembled PCBs
- Increase reliability, especially in harsh environments including vibration, acceleration or deceleration, as connection is integrated in the circuitry
- Improved signal integrity
- Reduce logistic effort by combining several components within one single PCB
Cicor is offering a big variety of rigid-flex PCB constructions, using high end/quality base materials, like high TG/low CTE FR4, combined with polyimide foils and various adhesives. State of the art interconnection technologies like stacked or staggered vias and via-in-pad structures are used to drive miniaturization further down the road. A big portfolio of surface finishings is enabling Cicors customers to use all available assembly methods on boards produced by us.
Expertise and technical support, combined with state-of-the-art equipment enables Cicor to offer printed circuit boards, that meet and even exceed costumers requirements.